Why is it important ?
As we know, food, clothing and housing are the primary requirements of life. Housing is an important component of human resource development but in India urban poor experienced a severe problem of housing i.e. responsible for growth of slums in cities and people live in most unhygienic or unhealthy conditions. Presently, there is shortage of 310 lakh houses in India (rural area : 206 lakh; Urban area : 104 lakh).
- To improve the socioeconomic development.
- To raise the quality of life.
- Housing includes various variables i.e. sanitation, water supply and other basic amenities of life.
The prime minister of India launched the “Pradhan Mantrï Awas Yojana”, on 20th June 2016 and the two other scheme in the presence of Mayors, Municipal Commissiones and state government officials from all party of country to make better India digital India. The scheme is designed to be completed in three phases across India.
Overview: An important component of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is to provide houses to eligible slum dwellers with “housing for all (Urban)” slogan and bring Economically weaker section and lower income group into the formal urban settlement.
According to the terms and condition of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, government have to construct abut 2 crores plus houses by the year 2022 over a period of seven years in rural areas for poor families belonging to EWS (economically weaker sections) and LIG (low income group).
Phases and duration of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- Phase1 : (April 2015 – March 2017) will cover 100 cities across India, completion of housing for all scheme
- Phase2: (April 2017 – March 2019) will cover 200 cities
- Phase3: (April 2019 – March 2022) last phase will cover all other remaining cities.
Components of PMAY includes
- In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation
- Credit Linked subsidy
- Affordable Housing in Partnership
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.
Under the Mission, beneficiaries can take advantage under one component only. Under Credit Linked subsidy scheme loans at subsidized rate can be availed from banks.
How to apply for PMAY ?
The applicants first need to visit the official website created by Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation at PMAY-HFA(Urban)
The applicants then need to click on the “Citizen Application” Link, from the main menu in the website and then select the appropriate link for online application.
In the third step, an application form like below will open and the applicant would be required to fill all the mandatory fields. The details include the details of head of family, current residential address and contact details, permanent address, details of the saving bank account, employment & income details and more.
After filling up all the details, the applicants can click the “Save” button at the end of application form. Even the applicants can also check the status of their online application by clicking the link below and entering their AADHAR number and application number. eTaaps Directory
For more details visit : click here