Make in India
2 years ago Sarkari user 1
Make in India was basically a slogan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched “Make in India” on 25 September 2014 in a function at the Vigyan Bhavan, to encourage multi-national, as well as national companies to manufacture their products in India. It then became an international marketing campaign. Primary goal of “Make in India” is making India a global manufacturing hub, by encouraging both multinational as well as domestic companies to manufacture their products within the country to create enough job opportunities and the economy gets a boost that will make to make India as a self-reliant country.Under Make in India government includes 25 sectors which have the potential of becoming global leader.
For more details click here
‘Make in India’ aims at increasing the GDP and tax revenues in the country, by producing products that meet high quality standards, and minimizing the impact on the environment. Promote innovation, protecting intellectual property, and enhancing skill development are the other aims of the program according to the ‘Make in India’ website.
Government has already rolled out:
- Environment clearances can be sought online.
- All income tax returns can be filed online.
- Validity of industrial licence is extended to three years.
- Paper registers are replaced by electronic registers by businessmen.
- Approval of the head of the department is necessary to undertake an inspection.
- To increase manufacturing sector growth to 12-14% per annum over the medium term.
- To increase the share of manufacturing in the country’s Gross Domestic Product from 16% to 25% by 2022.
- To create 100 million additional jobs by 2022 in manufacturing sector.
- To create appropriate skill sets among rural migrants and the urban poor for inclusive growth.
- To increase the domestic value addition and technological depth in manufacturing.
- To enhance the global competitiveness of the Indian manufacturing sector.
- To ensure sustainability of growth, particularly with regard to environment.
25 major sectors of Make in India:
IT and BPM
Media and Entertainment
Oil and Gas
Ports and Shipping
Roads and Highways
Textiles and Garments
Tourism and Hospitality