New Laptop scheme in Uttar Pradesh 1800 crore passed by Cm Yogi
12 months ago sarkariadmin 2
Uttar Pradesh CM has decided to fulfill the promise made by old cm Akhilesh Yadav to distribute laptops to the state to the poor and needy students. Therefore to complete this promise Yogi Ji has decided to propose a budget of Rs 1,800 crore for distribution of free laptops under the scheme, Note that this free laptop scheme was launched by Akhilesh Yadav in the year 2012 since then the promise has not been fulfilled completely.
Laptop scheme to be continued in Uttar Pradesh
Akhilesh Yadav government presented budget is around Rs 1,000 crore less during the year 2012 to 2013.Note that Samajwadi Party came into power after 2012 elections. The promise of free laptops had found mention in BJP’s Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra ahead of the election in UP.
Quick points to Notice on Laptop Scheme
- After the year 2012 education department had estimated that more than 18 lakh students would be given free laptops the department in the new government estimates the number to be around 12 lakh.
- laptops which would be distributed along with 2GB data.
- Laptops would be distributed among students who have passed class XII and would take admission to higher studies.
According to sources – The department has placed the proposal during a presentation to chief minister Aditya Nath Yogi earlier this month. The proposal, which mentions that each unit is estimated to cost around Rs 15,000, has been accepted in principle and is likely to be tabled in the Budget session
Also note that
- the education department has earmarked Rs 2,500 crore for distribution of school uniform, bags, and books among students up to Class XII from poor families.
- While the bag is estimated to cost around Rs 150 per unit, the uniform would cost around Rs 1,000, sets of books Rs 908 per student and shoes and socks Rs 500 per pair.
New scheme to launch soon – To fulfil other promises mentioned in the BJP’s manifesto during election time, the department has also proposed modernisation of around 350 schools. Likely to be known as Atal Utkrisht Vidhyalaya Yojna, Rs 175 crore have been allotted for the scheme.