Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)
1 year ago Sarkari user 0
About: Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana, the main objective of the scheme is organic agriculture is a production of agricultural products which is free from chemicals and pesticides residues using ecofriendly low cost technologies “Parampragat Krishi Vikas Yojana” is an elaborated component of Soil Health Management (SHM) of National Mission of Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA). In PKVY, promotion of organic farming through adoption of organic village by cluster approach and PGS certification and mainly in areas like hilly, tribal and also rainfed areas where utilization of chemical fertilizers and Pesticide is less.
- Promotion of commercial organic production through certified organic farming.
- The produce will be pesticide residue free and will contribute to improve the health of consumer.
- It will raise farmer’s income and create potential market for traders.
- It will motivate the farmers for natural resource mobilization for input production.
- Groups of farmers would be motivated to take up organic farming under Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY).
- Fifty or more farmers will form a cluster having 50 acre land to take up the organic farming under the scheme. In this way during three years 10,000 clusters will be formed covering 5.0 lakh acre area under organic farming.
- There will be no liability on the farmers for expenditure on certification.
- Every farmer will be provided Rs. 20,000 per acre in three years for seed to harvesting of crops and to transport produce to the market.
- Organic farming will be promoted by using traditional resources and the organic products will be linked with the market.
- It will increase domestic production and certification of organic produce by involving farmers.
NOTE: The total number of farmers in a cluster should be a minimum of 60% of marginal farmers.
For more details: http://agricoop.nic.in/
If you require any further information, let me know in the comment box