Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
11 months ago Sarkari user 1
Why is it important (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) ?
As we know, food, clothing and housing are the primary requirements of life. Housing is an important component of human resource development but in India urban poor experienced a severe problem of housing i.e. responsible for growth of slums in cities and people live in most unhygienic or unhealthy conditions. Presently, there is shortage of 310 lakh houses in India (rural area : 206 lakh; Urban area : 104 lakh).
- To improve the socioeconomic development.
- To raise the quality of life.
- Housing includes various variables i.e. sanitation, water supply and other basic amenities of life.
The prime minister of India launched the “Pradhan Mantrï Awas Yojana”, along with the two other scheme in the presence of Mayors, Municipal Commissiones and state government officials from all party of country to make better India digital India.
Application form for PMAY
Overview: An important component of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is to provide houses to eligible slum dwellers with “housing for all (Urban)” slogan and bring Economically weaker section and lower income group into the formal urban settlement.
According to the terms and condition of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, government have to construct abut 2 crores plus houses by the year 2022 over a period of seven years in rural areas for poor families belonging to EWS (economically weaker sections) and LIG (low income group)..
*EWS: Annual income should not exceed Rs 3 lakhs per annum
*LIG : Annual income should not exceed Rs 6 lakhs per annum
Benefits and Features:
- Government provide subsidy for people belongs to EWS and LSG category.
- Water facility, toilet facility and 24*7 electricity supply
- Strictly order given by government to use environment ecofriendly contruction technology.
- Government loan of up to Rs 6,00,000/- for a period of 15 years or less.
- Subsidizes interest rate id 6.5% against housing loan under the scheme, current market rate for housing loan is 10.5%.
The scheme is designed to be completed in three phases across India.
Phases and duration of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- Phase1 : (April 2015 – March 2017) will cover 100 cities across India, completion of housing for all scheme
- Phase2: (April 2017 – March 2019) will cover 200 cities
- Phase3: (April 2019 – March 2022) last phase will cover all other remaining cities.
How to apply for PMAY ?
Points to Remember before apply:
- You are eligible to apply.
- Valid aadhar number
- Accurate details of annual income
Apply Now – Click here
Important links –