Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Sadak Yojana
11 months ago Sarkari user 1
Overview: Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Sadak Yojana is all set to be launched by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. The scheme has already been approved by the road transport minister.The scheme, with initial funding of about Rs 2,000 crore, will eliminate dangerous spots on highways that are the sites of frequent accidents through better design and road engineering to make the roads safer by eliminating the dangerous spots on highway. The government will take help from the Indian Institutes of Technology to prepare special reflectors for hill roads and redesign them to fix sharp curves.
More than 231,000 people are killed in road traffic crashes in India every year, facts are according to the World Health Organisation and the government aims of halving this number by the year 2020 under this scheme.
States have already been asked to send details of locations where regular accidents occur. As per our information, there are around 796 such spots across the country,” the official added. The Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Sadak Yojana is a part of the government’s national action plan aimed at halving number of road accident deaths by 2020, which includes making vehicles safer.
- The scheme is basically an initiative to make the roads safer by eliminating the dangerous spots on highways
- The central government eliminate dangerous road sites where accidents occur more frequently by using the better design and road engineering
- Government also set up railings on hill roads running along deep gorges
- According to the World Health Organization, More than 231,000 people killed in road in road accident in the country every year. The government has aims reduce this number by the year 2020
- Initial fund of Rs 2,000 crore to make road safer under this scheme
For more details: http://morth.nic.in/
If you require any further information, let me know in the comment box.