Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
12 months ago Sarkari user 0
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is an ambitious social welfare scheme of Narendra Modi Government launched on 1st May 2016 from Ballia in Uttar Pradesh. Under the PM Ujjwala Yojana, the government aims to provide LPG connections to BPL households in the country. The scheme is aimed at replacing the unclean cooking fuels mostly used in the rural India with the clean and more efficient LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas).
Objective: Ujjwala Yojana is aimed at providing 5 Crore LPG connections in the name of women in BPL (Below Poverty Line) households across the country. The government has set a target of 5 Crore LPG connections to be distributed to the BPL households across the country under the scheme. Some of the objectives of the scheme are
- Empowering women and protecting their health.
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel.
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel.
- Preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel.
- BPL Certificate Authorized by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman
- BPL Ration Card
- One Photo ID (Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card)
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph
Eligibility for PM Ujjwala Yojana:
The identification of eligible BPL families will be made on the basis of SECC-2011 data. However below is the basic eligibility criteria for the scheme.
- The applicant’s name should be in the list of SECC-2011 data.
- The applicant should be a women above the age of 18 years.
- The women applicant should belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- The women applicant should have a saving bank account in any nationalized bank across the country.
- The applicant’s household should not already own a LPG connection in anyone’s name.
Scheme Details About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Launch Date||01 May 2016|
|Main objective||Provide LPG connections to women from BPL households|
|Other objectives||Reduce health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of unclean fossil fuels|
|Target||Distribution of LPG connections among 5 Crore BPL households by the year 2018-19|
|Time Frame||3 Years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19|
|Total Budget||Rs. 8000 Crore|
|Financial Assistance||Rs. 1600/- per LPG connection|
|Eligibility||BPL candidates available in SECC-2011 data|
|Other benefits||EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill|
If you require any further information, let me know in the comment box.
Download the applicvation form: ujjwala-KYC-form-hindi