Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
1 year ago Sarkari user 0
Overview: Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) is a village development project launched on 11 October 2014, by Indian Government, under which each Member of Parliament will take the responsibility of developing physical, social, economic and institutional infrastructure in three villages by 2019.
Aim of SAGY is to translate Gandhi’s vision of an ideal Indian village into reality. Under SAGY, every MP adopts a gram panchayat and develops it on set parameters, mostly using various schemes of the Centre and the state.
The MP will identify one Gram Panchayat of selected village to be taken up immediately, and two others to be taken up a little later. Lok Sabha MP has to choose a Gram Panchayat from within his/her constituency and Rajya Sabha MP a Gram Panchayat from the rural area of a district of his/her choice in the State from which he/she is elected. Nominated MPs may choose a Gram Panchayat from the rural area of any district in the country (India). In the case of urban constituencies, (where there are no Gram Panchayats), the MP have a option to identify a Gram Panchayat from a nearby rural constituency. But only 23 out of 543 Lok Sabha members have come forward and identified villages to carry out development projects.
When the Gram Panchayats was selected by members of Parliament (whose tenures have ended on account of resignation or otherwise) would be continued as such under SAGY irrespective of whether activities have already been initiated in the GP under SAGY or not. The newly elected MPs will have the option to select the GP of their choice and two more subsequently by 2019.
- To trigger processes which lead to holistic development of the identified Gram Panchayats
- To a great improvement and the standard of living and quality of life of all sections of the population through
- To generate models of local level development and effective local governance which can motivate and inspire adjacent Gram Panchayats to learn and adapt
- Care for and protect while they are growing, the identified Adarsh Grams as schools of local development to train other Gram Panchayats.
Activities under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana:
- Personal development
- Human Development
- Social development
- Economic Development
- Rural industrialization like
- Environmental Development
- Social Security
- Good Governance
- Infrastructure developments
For more details: Click here